About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Wednesday July 16th




                We had a very boring and wonderful day after several weeks of craziness.  We stayed in pjs most of the day.  I cleaned and the played with the kids all day.  Actually they all played so well together all day it was quite amazing.  At lunch Brad and I were discussing our new flooring.  We were deciding between a brownish color and a reddish color.  Vincent interrupted and insisted that we have the reddish.  We asked him why and he said “Because it will look better.”  We asked why and he said “Joel loves the color red, so it will make him really happy.”  We ended up flipping a coin and the vote that got to 10 first won.  Red lost and Vincent and Joel were not happy about it.  But we had a decision made that Brad and I were happy about!

Somewhere in the middle of the day Cecilia asked for candy.  I asked her why and she said “I pee on the potty.”  I told her that was one way to earn candy.  So for the rest of the day (except at nap time) she decided she wasn’t going to wear diapers.  It really only proved that if she wanted to be potty trained she can be, she only had one accident all day.  She was really enjoying having candy!  I am not pushing the potty training because the baby will be here in 5-6 weeks and Cecilia does better when she thinks it is all her idea.  Another plus for the day was that, Joel and Cecilia both napped and Vincent helped me get a few things ready for the baby.  After naps I convinced them all to go outside and we played in the yard for as long as we could stand the bugs.  Even with bug spray the mosquitoes in our yard are awful!

                Sometime in the evening the kids went from pretending they were Skylanders to pretending they were ninjas.  I am not really sure when it all changed.  It really can be hard to keep up with their imaginations.  Joel wanted to be the red ninja…big surprise!  Usually ninjas in our house wear bandanas on their heads.  Brad has a lot of bandanas up in our closet and the kids know exactly where they are located.  Joel came downstairs with something red and asked me to put it on him.  He kept calling it his ninja suit, but it was a red maternity t-shirt that was sitting out right by the bandana drawer.  I was cracking up!  He was so happy!

                In the middle of ninja play the kids found a giant whoopi cushion.  Cecilia kept asking us to blow it up so that she could toot.  Joel kept asking me to blow it up so he could “poop on it”  I was laughing so hard I was having a hard time inflating the silly whoopi cushion!  It was a great day to just get things done at home.  We have a few errands to catch up on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment