About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Lake Shelbyville: Boating!




As the idea of this vacation kept changing there as only 1 thing I wanted to do; rent a boat for part of the day and swim in a lake with the kids.  We found a place to rent a pontoon and since it was a weekday it was quite a bit cheaper than I was expecting.  We rented the boat for ½ a day.  The day we went it was supposed to be in the upper 80’s and sunny.  It was in the 70’s and overcast as we got started.  A couple hours in and it was a lot nicer.

We all took turns floating on our tubes and rafts in the water.  Brad even had his GoPro camera on his head taking pictures.  At one point we all got in the water and then as we drifted so did the boat, but in opposite directions.  I swam over to the boat with Vincent and figured out how to start it and drove to pickup Brad and the twins.  To be honest I have never started a boat or really driven one, more than just sitting on my dad’s lap as a kid.  But I didn’t run anyone over so that was good.  We had fun the rest of the time on the boat just cruising around the lake until our ½ day rental was up.  If I am lucky we rent a boat every other year on vacation and I absolutely love it!  It is usually my favorite part of vacation and I have no idea why.

The next day we packed up and headed back home. We had to be home in time to go to a baseball game with the Bonomos, but on the way home we had to crop scout in Farmer City, because we were close and that’s just what you do.  The kids have fun crop scouting, once you drag them out of the motorhome and away from their devices or movies.  Cecilia ended up crop scouting barefoot.  I don’t really know how she made it out of the motor home without shoes.  Things happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment