About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Lake Shelbyville: The Beach!



There was a really nice beach in the campground.  It wasn’t close…at least a mile away, after you got to the main road in camp.  That was another ½ mile.  A lot of people had their cars or bikes.  We weren’t unhooking the RV just to drive to the beach.  We had one bike and a bike trailer that held 2 kids.  Brad and I each had roller blades too.  We had 3 kids, life jackets, snacks, swim noodles, towels and other odds and ends to get to the beach.  I tried to ride the bike, but my belly was getting in my way while I was trying to pedal and it was just uncomfortable.

Our final plan was Brad and two kids on the bikes.  I would wear the roller blades and push the double stroller with 1 kid.  Brad wasn’t thrilled with the plan, but that is the best we could do and I had the stroller to help balance myself.  We were quite the sight going through camp and down the road to the beach.  Actually for the few days we were there that is how we got around camp because nothing was very close.  Thankfully on the way home from our first trip to the beach we found a short cut back to our campsite.  It saved us at least a half mile!  

I would by lying if I said we didn't get any funny looks.  I was a 7 month pregnant lady pushing a stroller  while wearing roller blades.  Not exactly something you see everyday.  One guy actually elbowed his wife and said "hey look at that!"  I just waved politely and kept going.

No comments:

Post a Comment