About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Getting Ready for A&B's Wedding




The day of Alyse and Brandon’s wedding we had a lot to get done and not very much time.  Brad and Joel were supposed to be at the tux spot around 11.  We had Garth Brooks tickets to try and purchase and I had a hair appointment in the morning and then had to be at the reception location around 1pm for pictures.  Our babysitter was also arriving at 1pm.  Well I didn’t get done with my hair until 11am and Brad and I were under the impression the tux spot opened at 11.  We knew a lot of people needed their tux altered so we didn’t think it would be a big deal that Brad and Joel  would have to after my hair was done.

So while I was getting my hair done, with Cecilia at my side, Brad and the boys stayed in our adjoining hotel rooms trying to get Garth Brooks tickets.  Brad had 2 iPads, 1 iPhone and 1 laptop all online trying to secure tickets for 10 of us. Apparently at one point Brad heard the kids in the other room talking to someone and he went to see what was going on and it turned out they were talking to the maid.

Once I got back from the hotel room down the hall getting my hair done Brad and Joel left to get their tuxes fixed.  Long story short they had the wrong address to start with and the building ended up being across the parking lot from what we were told.  Then they went up to the main office and no one knew about getting tuxes adjusted.  Then they finally got a hold of Joey, the guy we were told to contact, and he told them to meet him in the basement.  They had already left and they would come back to fix their tuxes.  They were less than polite.  As Brad and Joel are walking in the basement the hear people stuck inside a room and trying to get out.  Brad didn’t know what to do or who was on the other side of the wall.  Luckily they ended up getting out on their own and it was construction workers.

While the lady was helping Joel and Brad she was not being nice.  She was mad that Joel wouldn’t stand perfectly.  Saying things like the people who measured them didn’t know what they were doing, etc.  Just plain rude.   In the mean time I was panicking slightly because Brad was supposed to be picking up food, I was planning on them being back sooner so the kids could get a nap in before they had to be ready.  Our babysitter, Ali, arrived and took care of Vincent and Joel and I left for the venue.  A little late, but I made it there.  Somehow Ali and Brad managed to get all the kids fed, dressed and to the church on time.  I have no idea how they did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment