About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Garth Brooks



On September 11th Alyse & Brandon, Jill & Joe and Brad and I went to see Garth Brooks in Chicago!  Brad and I picked everyone up at Jill and Joe’s in the RV, had some pizza and headed to the show.   Finding the bus parking we were supposed to go to was nearly impossible.  Three different officers directing traffic pointed us in 3 different directions.  It was getting close to the time the show was starting and we were getting frustrated, so we parked at the Target right next to the stadium and hoped for the best.  On the drive up we were playing GB music and singing along.  Brad was driving the RV and wearing a black cowboy hat.  Alyse and Jill were joking around that people probably thought he was Garth Brooks.  I had no idea that Jill was such a big Garth Brooks fan, I mean she was not very old when he retired so how would I know.  Brad was impressed and at one point on the drive up there Jill turned to Joe and said “I have been trying to make him think I was cool for 10 years!” 

The show was awesome and it was a lot of fun to do something with just my sisters without parents or kids around.  Garth Brooks had an amazing performance and Trisha Yearwood was great as well!  Afterwards we headed to the RV and ended up waiting in the parking lot for some traffic to pass and for me to pump.  While I was pumping a great conversation about the taste of breast milk ensued.  Let’s just say that it got weird from there and all the milk I pumped didn’t make it back to my fridge, but there was a lot of laughter.

We got home after 1 pm and my mom and Dean were asleep on the couch.  We were so very thankful that she was brave enough and kind enough to watch all 4 kids by herself!  Especially since she had to be up to leave for work before 6 am, she is a ROCKSTAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment