About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Camping at Franklin with the Crawfords...Take 2




We went camping with the Crawfords again at Franklin Creek.  The goal for this trip: no one ends up in the hospital with something broken!  And we did meet our goal.  The spot we camped in was in the far corner up front and we had not camped there before, but it ended up being perfect.  We had a large spot, our vehicles acted as gates to keep the kids from running out of camp.  We were by a water hydrant that made it easy to water the horses and easy to fill water buckets for squirt gun fights.  Weather wise it was a perfect weekend cooler at night and hot during the day.

While everyone was out riding I would stay back and straighten up camp or get food ready and one of our kids would stay with us.  One would ride double with Brad and one would ride Ollie.  Generally when everyone returned the kids would not be where they started.  Due to kids falling asleep on the trail everyone would switch around at some point or another.  After I would clean up camp and our RV whichever kid stayed back with me I would take down to the creek to play. 

It is great camping with the Crawfords because they have very similar parenting styles and rules as we do and everyone just jumps in and helps with all the kids.  It is great to have such good friends!  I had fun sitting around the campfire them at night once the kids were in bed.  Since none of us play guitar Brad had his iPad by the fire playing lesser known songs that apparently were only ever listened to by Brad and Erik when they originally were released.  They were having a lot of fun listening to the songs!  It was another great weekend with the Crawfords with the usual tears from the kids when we had to all head home.  Maybe next summer we will all be brave and head to a different spot to go camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment