About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Visiting Barney and Katie




In the middle of July we headed down to visit Barney, Katie and their 3 kids.  We took the RV down to see them and parked in their driveway.  Barney had invited Brad to go to a concert so Katie, the kids and I stayed home.  Well, sort of stayed home.  We ended up loading all 6 kids into her minivan, going to a park and then going out to eat at a little restaurant in a nearby town.  We were quite the sight!  Katie and I were both pregnant with #4 and our due dates are 1 days apart.  We were both around 35 weeks pregnant and we had 6 kids ages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 safely in car seats in the van.  Between us we had 3 girls and 3 boys!  The kids were all relatively well behaved for the park and the restaurant.  It was pretty impressive.

After dinner we headed back to their house for more time playing in the basement, baths and a movie before bed.    Well, Vincent did take a bath but everyone else did.  The 3 girls started off in the bathtub while everyone else played.  It was amazingly calm.  Katie bathed all three without any talk about private parts or anyone splashing someone else or water getting splashed out of the tub.  At our house with 2 boys and a girl in the bathtub I am lucky if no one soaks the floor.  The boys and Cecilia are no longer allowed to bathe together because I get tired of hearing all the talk about private parts.  I informed Katie of how shocked I was at the difference between having 2 boys and a girl vs. 2 girls and a boy!

After a partial viewing of Frozen all the kids (and Katie and I) went to bed.  I locked the RV door and figured Brad would call when he got back and I would let him in.  There was some talk that they might stay at Katie’s parents’ house because they lived close to the concert.  Before I went to bed I sent Brad a text asking about his plans.  I fell asleep before he texted back and my phone was not by the bed so I never heard him text back.  When they got back Brad was locked out of the RV but I forgot to lock the driver’s door, so he was still able to find his way into the RV.

The next morning we all had breakfast and took Barney, Katie and their kids for a ride around town in the RV.  The kids loved it!  It was a great trip!  I love spending time with Barney and Katie.  They are great friends and they understand the craziness of raising several small children (now 4).  We can not talk for months and then it is like we saw them yesterday!  I wish we lived closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment