About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Dual Language Picnic




Vincent started at a new school in a brand new program the school district is offering.  It is called a dual language program.  This school year is the first year it will be offered in our district and it is starting with first graders and kindergarteners.  The class is composed of native Spanish speakers and native English speakers and primarily taught in Spanish.  For first graders 70% of the teaching day will be in Spanish.  This summer there was three picnics for parents and children to get to know each other and the teachers.  We were able to make it to one of the picnics.  It was very clear that Vincent wouldn’t have any trouble making friends and that Brad and I are terrible at meeting new people.  The kids will all be together in the same class at least through 6th grade.  By 6th grade the kids will be bilingual and their learning day will be split evenly between English and Spanish.  Brad and I are both terrible at remembering names and by the time Vincent is in 6th grade I should be able to learn his classmates and parents' names.

No comments:

Post a Comment