About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Saturday September 13th




To say Brad and I were exhausted after two nights out in a row would be an understatement.  But we had to step up and conquer the day and get a few things done.  The kids were sure to get up by 6:30am to help us start our day.  Vincent had a soccer game and we needed groceries.  Other than that I didn’t care if anything was accomplished.  It was a very cold and windy day for September (40-50 degrees) and we were not all looking forward to watching soccer.  Brad dropped most of us off at the field and took Joel with him to the grocery store.  Vincent had a good game and even stopped a couple goals while he was goalie.  Cecilia and Dean slept through the game and Joel had fun shopping with Brad.

After lunch the kids needed to get out of the house before they drove me crazy so we decided to walk down to check out the barn foundation that they finished pouring concrete for on Friday.  I had put all the kids in their rain boots.  It was a good thing too because the 3 older kids were jumping in puddles and playing in the mud on the inside of the barn foundation.  They were having so much fun!  They were covered in mud.  We discovered that Joel’s rain boots had a hole in the side, which was not helping keep his feet dry.  Cecilia wandered into a puddle and got her boots stuck and had to be rescued!  After an hour or so we had to retreat up to the house because the kids were cold.  I made them get undressed outside so I could hose off their clothes before I attempted to wash them.  Then we took baths.  I made the whole clean up process take over an hour because I was exhausted and they thought it was great to take long baths.  It was a win-win for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment