About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Petunia Fest




The weekend after the 4th we headed to Dixon.  It was the Petunia Festival and I had a baby shower to go to for Tiffany.  We took the RV so we could spend the whole weekend up there.  Kennidy was the Petunia Queen and we wanted to see her at some of the activities and in the parade on Sunday.

It was great to see Tiffany and everyone else at her bridal shower.  It was fun that we were both pregnant and due within 1 week of each other.  Michelle was kind enough to host the shower and did an awesome job on the decorations. 

As soon as it was over and I got back to my mom’s house we headed to town for some more activities.  Earlier in the day we did a touch a truck event.  That evening we walked around the downtown area, went to the carnival (thanks to Grandma Dawn), ate some good food, listened to music and headed home.  It was weird being back in my hometown and seeing some familiar faces.  Our family was a bit of a wreck: Joel had a cast, Vincent was covered with mosquito bites that were all swollen, and Cecilia had a black eye.  We were an interesting crew!

The next day we went to the Dixon Petunia Festival Parade.  It was hot, really hot.  We were watching it in front of Alyse’s friends’ family’s house.  Cecilia and Joel were crabby so I was trying to get them to sleep by walking them around in the stroller but there were a lot of hills and I was exhausted after about 20 minutes.  Neither one ended up having naps.  The parade was better than the one in Yorkville but it was just so very hot!  Tiffany and Dustin met up with us at the parade so we were able to visit with them a little bit.

It was interesting to be back in my hometown for 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment