About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Two Year old type day (September 9, 2014)




Cecilia is a very well spoken and capable 2.5 year old and many times she is held to the same standard as her older brothers…at least to the same standards as Joel.  We understand that is not completely fair, but that is how it goes around here and she does really well keeping up with her brothers and following the rules.  Then we have days like today when I am reminded that Cecilia is indeed a 2 year old.  Here is what happened today…all three of these things occurred when I was nursing Dean.  Because the second he starts nursing it is a free for all.  Her older brothers all did the same thing when I was nursing the next one in line.

1.        1.She asked to feed the dogs.  I agreed because she was going to do it anyway.  The dogs eat in the garage and I reminded her that she needed to only put 1 scoop of food in each bowl.  When I got done nursing Dean she was still in the garage.  Sitting up high on a box so she could reach the food in the bottom of the bin.  Both very large dog bowls were filled to the top with food.  The dogs were laying on the garage floor staring at her.  There was drool around the bowls indicating the dogs already ate and the dogs had no desire to eat anymore.  Cecilia was very proud of herself.  I emptied the bowls so there was only the proper amount of food left in them and the dogs didn’t touch it until dinner.
2.      
           2.  While I was getting the kids a snack in the kitchen and nursing Dean at the same time Cecilia reached up to grab a glass cup (she seems to think they always contain something better than her sippy cups) and it came crashing to the floor narrowly missing her feet and splattering all around our feet.  Luckily Brad just came in the door and was able to get it cleaned up before anyone was hurt.
3.         
      3.  As I fed Dean tonight, while talking to Brad, the kids were running around.  No one noticed that Cecilia had disappeared.  I found her in the boys room laying on the top bunk and not moving or responding to me.  There was a half empty brand new tube of Desitin on the floor and Desitin all over the floor, bunk bed ladder and Cecilia.  She knew she was in trouble and didn’t even want to look at me or respond when I was talking to her.  I am not sure it will ever come out of the carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment