About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

September 5th, 2014




Joel had a doctor appointment right after school so Dean and I picked him up from school.  Cecilia was staying with Grandma Diane, because she is a little distracting.  When we pulled up to the doctor’s office Joel recognized it as the same place my doctor’s office was and where Dean came from.  I told him we were there to see his doctor and he insisted Dean and I were going to the doctor.  I assured him we weren’t and he insisted we were going to check on the baby in my belly (he went with me to a majority of my prenatal appointments).  I told him there wasn’t a baby in my belly and he told me there were and there were 24 babies in my belly. 

Joel’s appointment went well and despite the fact that he tried to stall and prevent the doctor from actually examining him the doctor still was able to get his job done.  Joel kept asking the doctor to examine the Lightning McQueen car he was carrying around.  The doctor did and then Joel would ask him to do it again.  The doctor is recommending removing Joel’s tonsils and adenoids.  I am excited and a little nervous all at the same time.  Excited because it could fix the snoring, which could fix the restless sleep and waking up in the night that occurs, and possibly improve his eating in the long run.  My concerns are it is surgery and the recovery is going to be miserable.  Joel is a good patient but I remember getting my tonsils out and it was awful…I can only imagine keeping Joel eating and drinking  isn’t going to be fun.  Getting him to eat when he is feeling well isn’t fun normally.

When we walked out of the office it was pouring rain, so we covered up Dean and ran for the car.  When we passed our house on the way to get Cecilia from Grandma’s we saw the bus pulling into our driveway.  It was 5:22pm!  He gets on the bus at 3:35pm.  I was not happy.  Brad wasn’t either.  He had been waiting at our house since 4:30 for Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment