About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 5, 2015

The Cast Comes Off!




We were so excited about the possibility of Joel getting to get his cast off at his doctor’s appointment.  I kept reminding Joel that they might put a new one on.  They didn’t!  They said it was healed and we just had to keep Joel from running, jumping, going down slides, swinging, or doing anything that could possible put too much stress on his leg for 6 weeks and cause it to break again.  I literally said “Should we just keep his cast on?”  The doctor said “well those are all things you can control, so you should be fine.”  I kind of wanted to ask him when the last time was that he spent the day with an active 4 year old boy.  I chose to say nothing.

I was never so happy when the 6 weeks was over.  When his cast was on he could do almost anything.  He was safe, he had his cast on.  It was a very long 6 weeks with me constantly trailing Joel, avoiding many parks and playgrounds and saying “no” to a lot of what Joel wanted to do.  It was not fun for anyone.  I did give in and let him swing, he promised not to jump off, and when we went to a couple playgrounds with cousins I followed him like he was a toddler on the playground for the first time.  I just about had my hand on his shirt the whole time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment