About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Joys of Putting Hay Up

Every year we get hay in the summer to be able to feed the horses all winter.  Brad and I get big square bales that you move around with a skid steer.  I love not having to throw hay in the hot summer in a stuffy barn.  I did that growing up and it is not something I enjoy and neither do my allergies.  Diane generally gets small square bales for her horses and most years I get out of helping.  Between the kids, work, not living close I have only helped one time up until this year.


Trailer of hay.


This year Diane’s hay didn’t get delivered unitl September.  Craig couldn’t help because he was recovering from his heart attack, all the kids were in school, one of our employees was out of town, and that left Brad, Bob, Diane and Efren.  Efren is always outside of the barn putting hay on the conveyor belt that goes to the hay loft because he has allergies.  Three people in the hay mow is not really enough, so I went over to help as well.  My grandparents were around to watch Cecilia while I went to help.


Bob is a little wet and green  after throwing hay bales around.


The good news is that we got a great workout and September is a little cooler than July or August.  I had fun working with Brad and joking around in the hay mow while we worked.  I enjoy working with Brad 99% of the time.  The downside of putting away the hay was that my allergies decided that they were not happy.  After a couple days of not feeling the greatest (it hurt to breath) I was recovered!  Brad didn't feel good for a couple days either, so maybe it had nothing to do with the hay.  I guess we will find out next year when we do it again!  I vote next year we do it before my nieces and nephew are back in school.






No comments:

Post a Comment