About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dinner and a Zoo


After trapeze class Kennidy, my mom, Kennidy, Brad, the kids and I wanted to go grab some food.  Brad suggested the Honky Tonk BBQ.  Kennidy knows the people that own it and they were kind enough to bring out some different appetizers and let us try so many things.  The food was delicious I ate things I normally wouldn’t have tried like candy bacon and macaroni and cheese.  I never order mac ‘n cheese at a restaurant or if I do it is for the kids.  It generally isn’t good.  This was the best macaroni and cheese ever!  All the different barbequed meat was really great too and so was the cornbread!!!!  They had some interesting named drinks as well (The Lonely Presbyterian!).  I would love to go back there when they have a band playing.


Brad and I posing for a picture and acting like we are oblivious that our children aren't cooperating.


Willie, Vincent and Kennidy.


Joel and a chick.  Don't worry it survived his handling.

After dinner they were kind enough to let us meet some of the animals in their traveling zoo.  We all had so much fun and enjoyed meeting the different animals.  There was a lot of different animals we saw that night and Joel had a huge smile on his face the entire time!  He pet a tortoise, chinchilla, snake, dogs, cat, chicks, pot bellied pig and more!  What was his favorite animal…the little yellow chicks.  He even fed a sloth a grape, but if you ask him about it all he talks about are the chickens.  Vincent actually forgot what kind of animal we were feeding grapes to and he was telling people that Cecilia and Joel fed grapes to a gorilla.


Joel and Xena the sloth.


She is cute in her own way.


Happy to be back on her perch.

It was so much fun to see all of the animals and their different personalities.  They had an anteater that was cracking me up.  We woke him up, he looked around, looked at us, covered his face with his tail and went back to sleep.  There was also a parrot whose best friend is a pot bellied pig.  If you get too close the parrot spreads its wings in front of the pig trying to protect it and the parrot will bite you if you go near the pig.  They were too cute!  I also found out that I want a tortoise.  I don’t see it actually happening but they have one that will eventually grow to be the size of a VW Beetle.  They are really cute and made me laugh.


Best Friends!


Looking at a snake.


Another snake.  The boys were nervous but did pet the snake.


Cecilia really liked the sloth too and all the other animals.


Feeding her grapes.

It was a great evening with new friends and family!


Vincent and I loved the tortoise.  Can we get one Brad?


No comments:

Post a Comment