About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Halloween Fun!



In previous years Joel didn’t care about Halloween at all.  He didn’t like it actually.  He would sit in the stroller with the shade down a hat on his face and ignore the fact that anything was going on.  This year he was looking at a catalog and asked what something was.  I told him it was a batman costume that you can wear for Halloween.  He started asking to “go to Halloween.”  We talked about Halloween a little and he was pretty excited about it.  It was then that I knew he would probably go along with my idea of everyone being superheroes for Halloween.


My 3 superheroes!

Their very cool capes!

The superhero family!  Vincent, Brad, Joel, Kelli and Cecilia.


Grandma Diane made us all capes (Vincent already had one) and I made sweatshirts that looked like superhero shirts and masks for all the kids.  I made a sweatshirt for myself too, but not Brad.  He told me he wasn’t going to be able to go because he would be in the field.  It ended up raining that afternoon so he was able to go with us.  He was a little disappointed he didn’t have a cool sweatshirt to wear.  I knew I shouldn’t have listened to him and just made one.



I love Joel's expression!



Joel with his teacher at the Halloween Parade.

We had all be wearing our capes around well before Halloween Day because the kids loved to wear them and pretend we were all superheroes.  Many nights (and days) we would run around the house in them and race, wrestle and pretend to save people and things.  In the morning Cecilia and I went to Joel’s school to see their Halloween Parade.  We were then invited to stay for the class party.  Cecilia was so excited to stay and play with Joel and Joel was pretty excited to have us.  There are only 4 kids in his class and Cecilia was happy to be number 5 for the morning.  I really enjoyed seeing how he worked in his classroom.



Joel and Cecilia waiting for a snack.


Cecilia loved getting to go to Joel's school.



Already to go trick or treating.


After School Diane, Brad, the kids and I went to a nearby nursing home that offers trick or treating.  It is a very popular spot!  The residents are all lined up in two very large areas and hand out candy to all the kids.  It is indoors (except for the long line you stand in to get inside), safe, the kids love it and the residents like seeing the all the children dressed up.   Brad was helping Joel at the nursing home and he said that about half way thru Joel realized what was going on and no long had to be prompted to say trick or treat.  He really seemed to have fun.  Cecilia figured out the routine rather quick but kept just throwing her candy toward the bag and missing and moving on to the next person.  I spent my time picking her candy up off the floor. 



Super Cecilia.



Super Joel!


Afterwards we went to Aunt Linda’s house to trick or treat.  The rain was letting up by then so we went trick or treating around her block.  Vincent and Joel were running from house to house.  Joel wanted to go in everyone’s house at first because that is the normal thing to do after you ring a doorbell.  We had a lot of fun.  Before we got back to the car Joel spotted a very large puddle and managed to jump in it before we could stop him.  He was in heaven!  He loves puddles!  After Aunt Linda’s house we drove to my godparent’s house to trick or treat.  Aunt Kathy offered them fruit just to tease them and my kids were more than happy to have fruit instead of candy.  


The bag was as big as her!


Vincent and the dog.

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, but I really enjoyed it this year!  It was fun that all three kids enjoyed it and I didn’t have to feel like I was torturing Joel by taking him with us.


Joel, a dog, and Vincent.


No comments:

Post a Comment