About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Ruggiero Family Dinner



My grandparents (on my dad’s side) are snow birds.  I really wanted to see them before they headed back to California.  So I may have sent my dad a text my dad and suggest he pick a date to invite us all over to his house.  He was kind enough to take the obvious hint (with no complaining) and find a date that worked for everyone and had Alyse,  Jill, Joe, Aunt Carol, Andrew, the kids and I over.  Brad was busy in the field so he couldn't make it.  


Andrew giving my kids gifts while my dad rolls out the dough.


Nanno talking to Vincent.


Before we went to my dad’s though we stopped at Jill and Joe’s new house for a quick tour.  It was really easy to find.  It is really cute and pretty much all decorated.  I was impressed.  The kids, including Joel, made themselves right at home and had a lot of fun checking out Uncle Joel and Aunt Jill’s house. 


Nanno loving on Vincent


My dad  making the kid pizza


After the tour we went to my dad’s house.   We had a fun night of making homemade pizza.  My dad makes the best pizza dough!  There was music, visiting, joking around and just a really great stress free night.  The kids loved seeing their aunts, uncle, cousin, Nanno and great grandparents (G.G. and Nanno Nick).  Joel was very social, talked to people, gave hugs (unsolicited) and was great.  They were all very surprised by how well he did.  Normally he just steals my phone and ignores everyone.  Jill even commented that he is like a new kid!  It is so nice when other people notice the progress he is making.



The adult pizza before it was cooked.



Nanno, Joel and Vincent with the pepperoni pizza


While we were there Andrew and I were talking to my grandma about something.  She was telling us a story about someone that said something that offended her.  The story started with "Oh so and so, God rest her soul" and ended with "And then she got sick and died! (followed by laughter)."  Andrew and I were practically rolling on the floor.  Who ends a story like that, who says that and then laughs.  It was hilarious!   I don't think we were supposed to find it funny but we did.  Later my grandma was talking about not wanting a big birthday party and said "You know what happened after my dad had a big birthday party?....he got sick and died!"  Again Andrew and I lost it.  It wasn't funny, our great grandfather dying is not funny, but the way my grandma said it in such a matter of fact way and the tone in her voice just made us laugh.  My grandma has a lot of great phrases she says, but this one is quickly moving up my list as a favorite.  My current favorite is "uh huh, ok fine."  It means do or believe what you want, I think you are wrong and I am to polite to tell you so, so I will continue to do it my way.



Nanno, Joel, Cecilia, me and Vincent.



We also got to see a video that my Nanno, with the help of my uncle, had converted to DVD.  It is of my aunt’s baptism 50 years ago!  There is footage of my great grandparents and even my great great grandmother.  To see my great grandparents joking around and to see everyone’s mannerisms and movements was amazing.  It was such a blessing to be able to see that!  I only wish there was more than one video.  Here is the link to the YouTube video of the baptism.


Aunt Carol and Nanno





Everyone watching the movie.



The night ended with Alyse and Joe taking turns wrestling my children before I loaded them up in the car in their pjs for the drive home.  It was so much fun seeing my grandparents!  I am hoping I can get away some weekend this winter and go visit them.


Cecilia, Me and Grandma!


No comments:

Post a Comment