About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, November 1, 2013

A crazy day


At the beginning of September I was over at the arena walking Joel and Cecilia around on Alasan.  I was proud of myself for thinking to put the buddy seat on so Joel and Cecilia could ride at the same time and not have to take turns.  Well, they still had to take turns riding in front, but they got over it!


Cecilia holding Finn


Joel demonstrating the wrong way to hold cats, but they didn't even protest!


As we were walking around the arena I got a little bored and decided to check my email.  There was an urgent message from Vincent’s school from that was sent an hour earlier.  It said that there was a threat at the school and the children were safe but needed to be picked up immediately.  Nothing like a pit in the bottom of your stomach.  Diane was in the barn and I handed Joel and Alasan off to her, grabbed Cecilia and headed to the school.  There were police and fireman all around the school and they were only letting parents in and out of the parking lot. 

Joel, Finn and Cupcake


Cecilia


When Vincent got in the car he was very worried because he didn’t have his backpack, he had not had lunch yet and he didn’t like the snack they were passing out while he was waiting for me, he still had his special gym shoes on and they had to leave the small gym without cleaning up.  He was convinced there was a fire that no one could see and was so worried about his backpack.  I felt so bad for him!  Then I had to explain to him that there was no fire, his backpack was fine, I would feed him lunch as soon as we got home, we would take his gym shoes off right away so they would stay clean and everything would be fine.  Saying there was no fire lead to the question about why they had to leave the school.  So I had to explain to my little innocent kindergartner that there a bad people in the world and one of them called the school and said mean things and the teachers thought all the students would be safer at home for the afternoon.  He had just stopped having nightmares about falling into the pool at the hotel when we were there for Jill’s wedding and I was worried he would have nightmares again, but he hasn’t!


Cecilia and Hank

Joel and Cecilia riding Alasan double.


No comments:

Post a Comment