About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Alyse's Birthday Dinner


After our day at Heifer Hay Day Grandma Pat, Papa, my mom, Jill, Joe, Brad, the kids, Alyse and I all met for dinner for Alyse’s birthday.  It was a very nice restaurant about an hour away and we were there for awhile but the kids did a really great job!  Having an iphone loaded with games and movies may have helped a little bit.



Joel loves my phone.  He calls it his phone.


Grandma Dawn and Joel.


Alyse and my mom were staying at a hotel near the restaurant and invited me to stay with them.  At first I said I couldn’t because we had church the next day, but they convinced me to just leave in time for church.  They claimed I would get a good night’s sleep and more sleep than I usually got, but it was just a ploy to get me to come stay with them!  We had a fun evening of walking around the resort and chatting and chatting some more.  Most of the chatting involved us quizzing Alyse about her boyfriend, she didn't seem to mind.  We are all very excited to meet him!


Kelli, Cecilia, Vincent, Alyse, Papa, Dawn, Grandma Pat, Joel, Brad, Jill, Joe


When I got home I was informed that the children didn’t take well to the idea that I wasn’t going home with them.  Vincent was upset and cried most of the way home and kept saying “I want my Mommy!”  I am told Joel would chime in a little bit too.  Cecilia would wait until the boys stopped crying and then she would start yelling “I want my mommy too!”  That would get the boys started again.  The scene repeated itself several times on the way home I am told.  I was feeling bad for Grandma and Papa who were riding home with Brad and the kids.  I figured the kids would all just fall asleep in the car, but I guess I was wrong!  They were all very happy and slept great all night long.  They were probably tired from crying all the way home.  Brad was bragging that they slept so well when he put them to bed, better than when I put them to bed.  I am completely ok with him always doing bed time so he better not brag too much.


Jill, Joe, Papa and the photographers....

Vincent showing Aunt Alyse his game.

No comments:

Post a Comment