About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

A walk to and from the farm


We have a path between the main farm and our house.  There are many times when it is easier to just walk over there vs. driving next door, especially when the weather is nice!   The kids are all old enough to walk themselves too!  The kids and I took a trip to the main farm for some reason in September, sometimes we just wander over there to see what everyone is up too, kill some time and wear out the children a little bit.  When we got there Vincent commented that he had been under the corn bin before.  He was shocked to hear that I had been down there as well.  He told me that he still needed to go up to the top.  Then he asked to go to the top…Joel and Cecilia both chimed in that they wanted to go to the top as well.  I quickly told Cecilia that she was too little and told the boys they needed to talk to their Dad.


Brad and Vincent on the man lift.


Vincent soccer socks and his boots.  Joel very excited to have a turn.








Joel taking a ride.



We went and found Brad.  He agreed to take the boys (1 at a time) up in the man lift.  Vincent wasn’t quite satisfied with that at first, he really wanted to go to the top of the dryer or silo he didn’t care which.  Once they started going up Vincent decided that was high enough, they only went 1/3 of the way up.  Then Joel wanted his turn!  I was worried he was going to panic, but he didn’t.  He really liked it!  He probably would have gone all the way up to the top but Brad only took him 1/3 of the way up.  Cecilia was crying because I wouldn’t let her go.  A third of the way up is as high as I was willing to let them go.  When Vincent was 2 years old Grandpa Craig took him up higher and took him on one of the catwalks around the dryer, it wasn’t the lowest one!  Vincent doesn’t remember it and I am ok with that!



Vincent didn't want to ride, just wanted to walk his siblings around.



Filling the water trough.


 After we were done checking out the man lift we went to the barn to look at the cats, bunnies, etc.  On the way back the boys were walking ahead of me and wanted to walk 1 row of corn in and I agreed.  It is easy to get lost walking in a corn field so we don’t generally let them walk in the corn.  Cecilia was also trying this trick.    It is very difficult to make sure that all 3 kids walking at three different speeds in a corn field don’t get lost.  They were being very good about following directions, but it was still making me nervous.   



Heading home down the path.  We gained a dog on our walk.



Vincent in the corn.

When we got to the gate in the path back to our house I asked the boys to wait.  They either didn’t hear me or just felt like crossing.  They crawled under and jetted across the horses’s path and ran toward the house.  Cecilia and I took a little bit longer to get through the gates and back into the house.  I couldn’t see the boys and I was getting a little nervous.  Then I walked into the garage and didn’t see their shoes!  I ran into the house and my grandma informed me that they were inside playing already.  I was relieved!


Joel and Vincent walking 1 row in.


Cecilia following her brothers!



No comments:

Post a Comment