About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Camping at franklin...again

Two weekends after Labor day we headed to Franklin Creek for a weekend of trail riding and spending time with my parents and my sister Kennidy.  However we were pleasantly surprised to see Kasi, Kennidy and Brandon!


Kennidy, Cecilia and Croc.



Kennidy and Vincent standing on their horses.


Both Friday and Saturday night we enjoyed a campfire and marshmallows.  The boys got to roast their own marshmallows.  It was a little dangerous for onlookers, but no one got hurt so that was good.  Cecilia also discovered how great marshmallows tasted unfortunately she also smeared them in her hair.  The next day she looked a little like Medusa!



Crazy hair on a tired little girl!



Sitting on Hank with 2 kids...Joel did well in the buddy seat!


During the day Saturday we all went riding together (except Brandon).  My mom was leading and Vincent was riding Alasan without anyone leading him.  He did a great job!  There were a few times that he got a little nervous about the hills we were going up and down, but he did great.  I don’t know how my mom did it, but she managed to hit every tough hill at Franklin.  All the ones you try to avoid if you have beginners with you we rode.  I would venture to say we hit every one of the tough hills there.  Compared to other places we have been they aren’t terrible, but they were the steepest hills Vincent has been on while riding his own horse.  Vincent did really well and I was happy to see a part of the park I hadn’t seen in a while.  That ride was a first for Joel as well.  He rode in the buddy seat instead of in front of Brad or I on the saddle.  He did really well for a while and then he started getting sleepy and I had to move him in front of me.  It was a lot of fun!




A series of Kennidy poses.


Upside down!



Backwards!  I love her!


Later in the evening my mom, Kasi, Vincent, Cecilia and I went riding.  Vincent insisted on riding in the buddy seat and I let him.  So I rode with Cecilia in front of me and Vincent behind me!  Less than 10 minutes into the ride they were both sound asleep.  Vincent was so sound asleep that he was swaying from side to side.  I was riding with one arm around each kid.  Before long I gave Cecilia to my mom and moved Vincent in front of me.  If I knew they were going to fall asleep so quickly I would have let them back at the camper with Kennidy who was reading and watching Joel while he slept!


Mommy and sleepy Joel.



Vincent riding alone.


Sunday morning while we were camping it rained, a lot!  We decided to get out of camp ASAP and try to make it to church in time for Vincent to attend the first day of Sunday School.  We were a few minutes late, but Vincent and I made it.  In order to make it work I had to shower in the RV on the way to church.  I didn’t think the plan through all the way.  The roads around camp are very curvy .  I should have waited until we were on some straighter roads.  It was the most interesting shower I have ever had, I was laughing while showering!  I had to brace myself while showering and holding onto the door so that it didn’t pop open as Brad was driving.  Next time I will plan ahead and wait for straighter roads!  



Kasi and Grandma holding a sleeping Cecilia.


Mommy and a sleeping Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment