About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Joel's New Special Place



Joel’s new favorite place is a short stretch of counter between our ovens and fridge.  It is where our toaster oven lives.  He likes to crawl up there (he doesn’t need a stool he just uses the oven doors to climb) and he sits under the cabinet next to or on top of the toaster oven.  It wasn’t a big deal and I just let him do it because it seemed to make him happy.  Then Cecilia caught on and decided if Joel was doing it so was she, but she plays with the toaster oven.  I now keep the toaster oven unplugged.  After a while Joel and Cecilia were fighting over who could sit where, so I moved the toaster oven to give them more room.  I didn’t want anyone falling off the counter.


Joel and Cecilia.


This is how Joel likes to sit on the counter.

I don’t love them sitting on the counter, but for some reason Joel has decided this is his special place that he feels comfortable in.  Cecilia just does whatever Joel does.  You can try to convince her otherwise, but it is a waste of energy!  There is no way to stop them either because they don’t need a stool to get up there because they use the oven doors and I can’t get rid of those.  After a few days Vincent decided he wanted to be on the counter too.  We have even done story time while they are all on the counter.  Vincent even lined up the stools so they could go from the counter to the island without touching the ground.  They are so creative and determined, and someday that will serve them well!  For now it keeps me on my toes and entertains me.


Vincent and Joel


If you look closely you can see Joel behind Cecilia.  His siblings have invaded his space!


The stool stepping stones.



Joel changes where he has his “special” spot and usually once his brother and sister really like it he finds a new spot.  In time my toaster oven will be able to live on the counter permanently instead of being moved around the kitchen, I might even be able to keep it plugged in someday.  Until then I will just pray they don’t fall off the counter and get hurt.


Story time.


I moved the toaster oven so they had more room.


It really is not a very big place to read to 3 kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment