About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Curriculum Night for Joel


In the middle of September Joel’s school had a curriculum night.  Going into it I wasn’t exactly sure what it was.  Was it an open house, were the kids invited, etc.  It turns out it is pretty much an open house.  Brad, all three kids and I went to it and were able to see Joel in action in his classroom. Last time we were there with him was before he started school.  He liked it at that time, but from the reaction we saw at curriculum night I can tell you Joel loves school!  He showed us books they read, sang a few songs for us, showed us games they work on, where his locker was and all sorts of fun toys.


Joel showing us one of his school activities.



Then one of his teachers asked him to point to his name and then asked him how to spell his name.  He quickly and clearly said “J-O-E-L”.  Brad, Vincent and I were stunned!  We had no idea he knew how to spell his name and he doesn’t volunteer information like that at home.  We are very proud of how well Joel is doing in school and we are grateful for his wonderful teachers, aides and therapists!


No comments:

Post a Comment