About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Konow's Farm



The kids all had a day off in October so we went to Konow’s Farm.  They have corn mazes, a petting zoo, mechanical bull, corn pit, pile of straw to climb on, jumping pillow, pedal tractors, a cow train, pumpkins, etc.  It is a really fun place and kind of busy on a day the kids are off school.  Diane and Keith came with us and we met up with Kristy, Brett and Luke and the Kirk’s.  Due to the timing of everything we only had 2 hours there, because I had to be at Bible Study and they all needed to get some sleep before school the next day.  I told my carload of kids when we got there that we only had 2 hours and if they wanted to see everything I could keep telling them when it was time to switch activities or they could decide on their own.  They wanted my help.  I also told them that we were not going on the pony rides or the hayrides or the bigger corn maze.  They were all fine with that.  In reality it was only Keith and Vincent that cared about anything I was saying.


S


Joel looking at the deer.


Cecilia and the goats.

Sweet piglets!  I love pigs!



Grandma Diane and Cecilia

Brett and Luke trying to climb in with the goats.


A jumping pillow.


Joel riding a tractor.


Cecilia and Maggie!


Diane and Joel.


We had fun at the petting zoo and jumping pillow and then headed to the cow train.  They were almost out of cows to ride in, but had one left.  It wasn’t big enough for me to ride with Joel, but the guy in the cow next to Joel was very nice and kept an eye on him for us.  Joel did great!  Cecilia rode on Jackie’s lap and Vincent and Austin were quick to grab the cow’s at the front of the train.  When the train came back Kristy, Brett and Luke went on it and Vincent sat with Brett! 



Jackie, Tyler, Vincent, Keith, Joel, Austin, Cecilia, and Maggie.



Amy, Maggie, Cecilia and Jackie


Vincent being a goof and Austin.


Tyler and Keith.


Joel and his new friend.


The cow train!


Brett, Luke, Kristy and Vincent.


Our fearless leaders in the corn maze!


Jackie and Cecilia going down the really fast slide.


Keith's turn!


The maze was ok, I am not sure we went all the way thru it because we came out the entrance, but the kids had fun.  Tyler grabbed Joel’s hand and kept an eye on him without anyone asking and Joel was happy to be with the big kids.  After that we headed to the straw pile that had a really fast slide that was a lot of fun!  Even Cecilia and I went down it!  From there we met up with Kristy, Brett and Luke in the corn pit.  I jumped in with the kids and somehow they decided it would be fun to bury me.  I ended up with corn in my pockets, my pants, and my underwear.  If you were wondering having corn kernels in your underwear is not very comfortable.  All the kids (except Maggie) seemed to love the corn pit.


Tyler helping Joel.


Cecilia following Joel into a long dark tunnel.


Cecilia wasn't happy until she made it all the way to the top.


The corn pit!



Joel.


Cecilia getting buried.

She loved it!

Keith getting buried.  Brett was helping too!


Luke and Vincent.


It is hard to remember what we did after the corn pit but we did a couple more activities and then left.  We stopped and grabbed food along the way and Keith had to work to earn his supper.  He was in the back with the kids so he had to keep handing them food.  It’s hard work being the oldest!  It is probably very different for Keith going from being the youngest in his family to the oldest when he spends time with us.  We were running late so they dropped me off at Bible Study on the way home.  While I was there I spent a good portion of the night picking up corn kernels that kept falling out of my pockets!  It was a fun afternoon!


Adorable Luke!


Maggie did NOT like the corn.


Vincent buried.


Brett had fun burying Vincent.


Cecilia and Mommy.


Austin jumping.


Brett and Vincent getting ready to jump.


Keith, Jackie, Joel and Austin....the sun was really bright.



Vincent, Austin, Keith, Cecilia and Tyler


Diane, Amy and Maggie.


Joel and his big buddy Tyler.





No comments:

Post a Comment