About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Sad Horse and Pasture Fun

Brad, the kids and I took a walk in the pasture one Sunday to see the horses and do some final touches on the fence.  The original plan was to catch Ray and go for a wagon ride after we worked on the fence.  But when we found the horses they were all gathered and looking down a path where we had to bury a horse earlier this year.  When the other horses walked away Ray stood there, ears forward, head hung low and just staring down the path.  He ignored the kids hammering walnuts close to him, he ignored me walking up to take a picture and he looked like he was deep in thought.  Honestly it looked like he was mourning his good friend, Sam.  He was actually acting so out of character that I was worried he was sick and took his vitals, they were all normal.  Brad and I felt so bad for him  we decided we weren’t going to make him pull the wagon.


Cecilia running after her brothers who were running to catch Brad.

Joel climbing a tree for the first time.

Vincent in the apple tree for the first time.


Cecilia in the apple tree for the first time.


Joel wanted to climb the tallest tree in our pasture.


This is how we found Ray.


Looking sad


Saying good bye to his friend.


Brad trying to comfort him.  He really loves Brad.



He though he would small Cecilia's hair...she was telling him "No Ray!"


Then she decided she wanted to pet him.  Vincent is in the background playing with a hammer.

Instead the kids took a hammer to the black walnuts (so much fun and we have a ton of black walnuts in our pasture) and had a ton of fun.  Side note: I know black walnuts are bad for horses but I can not cut down every tree...even though Craig would be happy to do it.  We need some trees in the woods.  Joel wanted to climb a tree so we found a couple different trees for the kids to climb in.  Climbing trees is a new activity that the kids really seem to love.  I used to climb a tree at my grandparents house all the time.  Thinking back I can’t believe anyone let me climb as high as I did!  We will have to see how brave our kids get.  Vincent is not very brave about it, Cecilia just likes to sit in the trees and Joel seems to really enjoy climbing.  Along with climbing trees in the woods  and hiking around our pasture comes our new reality, that there are ticks in our woods, so we have to be sure to check everyone over after we have been playing outside near the woods (basically anywhere in the yard).  I hate ticks almost as much as I hate mice.



Brad, Cecilia, Joel and Vincent.

Brad and Bristol.  Maisy would rather starve than sit in a tree.


Joel decided to wrestle Bristol

He went for her leg.


She laid down.


And he thought he won.  She is a GREAT dog!



Mommy and the monkeys in the tree.


Cecilia, Joel and Vincent!





No comments:

Post a Comment