About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Swimming Mouse.

We live in the country and we get mice in our house it is part of life.  Not a part I love, but it happens.  This house has significantly less mice (instead we have a lot of spiders!) but we have seen a couple already in the basement. They are really slow and easy to catch and I don’t love it since the basement is where the kids love to play I don’t like the thought of our kids being able to catch mice.

We were all playing in the basement one afternoon or evening, the dogs were down there too, and Brad spotted a mouse on the floor coming towards me.  I jumped out of the way and onto the couch.  Brad ran after the mouse with the intention of stepping on his tail but decided last minute to just stomp on it.  I made the mistake of looking just as his boot made contact with the mouse and floor.  Not so great!  Vincent looks at me in a disgusted look and said “Mommy, there is mouse blood all over our floor.”  Brad was kind enough to clean it up for us.

A few nights later I stumbled into the living room half asleep after laying with the boys until they fell asleep and Brad told me to open a Crayola crayon tin that was on the coffee table.  I refused to at first but he kept pestering me and finally I relented.  As I went to reach for the box my Grandma jumped out of her chair and yelled “No Kelli don’t do it!”  I stopped and asked the two of them what was going on.  Brad tried to get my grandma to open the box earlier, but she refused because he knew he was up to something.

It turns out Brad found another mouse on the floor in the basement.  It was barely moving and he scooped it up in the first thing he could find a Crayola Crayon Tin.  After trying to force us both to look at the mouse Brad went to get rid of the mouse.  Brad gets rid of mice from mouse traps in the toilet.  He flushes their dead bodies’ right down the toilet.  He claims it cleans the pipes, I have my doubts, but I don’t want the job so he can do as he pleases.  Brad decided to dispose of the live mouse in the toilet as well.  He put it in the toilet and the mouse woke up and started swimming around.  Suddenly Brad was running around the house looking for a camera.  His phone was dead.  My phone was dead.  My grandma saved the day and offered her phone.  Brad then took a video of the mouse swimming and then getting flushed.  He then made my grandma and I watch it.  The whole time Brad was in the bathroom with the mouse my grandma and I couldn’t stop laughing.  I mean who does this?!  My husband, that’s who!

The next day Brad showed the video to both Joel and Vincent.  They loved it!  They thought it was hysterical.  Joel mimics everything Brad says in the video such as “oh what a good little swimmer buddy.”  Vincent and Joel love it so much that they were in the basement acting out the whole movie.  Then a few nights later at bed time Joel was staring into the toilet and saying “oh what a good little swimmer buddy” and then flushing the toilet.  He kept telling me he wanted a mouse for the toilet.  Oh dear, we have a problem!  Even at speech he was asking for a mouse to flush down the toilet of the doll house.  It was a little embarrassing trying to explain that!

No comments:

Post a Comment