About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Trunk or Treating and the Word's Worst Fire



Kasi and I took the kids Trunk or Treating in the morning, but before we left we tried to get a picture of them all wearing their costumes.  We got a few pictures where a majority of them are looking at the camera and smiling.  It is a tall order with 4 kids and I know it may never happen.  At the trunk or treating the Vincent saw some friends from his old school and was very happy to play with them for a little bit.  Afterwards we took Vincent to get some blood tests done.  He is amazingly strong and it took me to hold him and hold his arm still while a nurse pulled his arm straight and another drew his blood.  He sat still for it and finally relaxed after a little bit.  When we left the room and went back to the car where Aunt Kasi and the little kids were waiting he told them he was brave.  I told Aunt Kasi that those weren’t the words I would use to describe it, but he didn’t move.  We celebrated with Culver’s for dinner!  When we returned from Culver’s we had to say goodbye to Aunt Kasi.  She needed to return to school and I was left with 3 sad kids.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the leaves and then trying to build a little bonfire for the kids.  Our fire was pathetic at best, but I didn’t have bow saw to cut some bigger pieces of branches we found into small enough pieces for our fire pit and if I made it too big I was afraid a spark would light some of the leaves in the yard on fire.  It didn’t matter though because the kids were so very excited!  They were all sitting in chairs with blankets, looking at the stars, talking, joking and having a grand time sitting around the worst fire ever!  But with that being said it was just me and the 4 kids collecting firewood in the dark, but we had fun so it didn’t matter.  Joel has asked every day since then for a bonfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment