About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, April 20, 2015

A Monday in September



Monday morning Brad left for Farmer City, as usual it is bittersweet.  It signifies the end of summer (summer is my favorite season), and the start of fall (I love being in the field during harvest and the fall colors), and the start of my single parent life for a few months.  Brad is always busy even during the “slow” seasons, but during the slow seasons he is usually available to take a kid along with him or stop in the house and help out for a little bit.  Plus he is around to help with baths and bedtime with the kids, take care of the dishes and garbage, and hold Dean so I can get something done or go grocery shopping for me.  Every year I dread the start of harvest and every year we survive.

This first day of harvest I managed to go to the grocery store with Cecilia and Dean and Cecilia was actually well behaved and did not throw one tantrum in the store.  She was actually very helpful and sweet and never once tried to run away or climb the shelves. That is a minor miracle right there!

That night I thought I would make a casserole that I know the kids never loved, but I liked and I had a taste for it.  It has probably been 3 years since I made it.  Cecilia and Vincent will eat almost anything I serve them without complaining too much.  Joel is another story.  All three kids complained about the food after they tasted it and refused to eat it.  I tried fighting them on it, but I was getting nowhere.  So after making them promise to never ask for ice cream for dinner again I gave them each a bowl of ice cream!  They were thrilled to have ice cream for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment