About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Homework and Other Nightly Problems




Early in the evening I was trying to do homework with Vincent.  Not our favorite activity to do together.  I sent Joel and Cecilia to the basement to play and they happily went down there.  Then 10 minutes later Cecilia returns naked, Joel is freaking out because Cecilia is naked and Cecilia proudly announces that she pooped in the basement.  Upon further questioning she told me it was in the toilet!  The night before she peed on the treadmill, so I was thrilled she used the toilet.


Cecilia hates to sleep on her own and loves to come up with excuses why she doesn’t need to be in bed sleeping.  Tonight I was so ready to relax and watch the one show I can actually see in real time.  Cecilia spent from 8:20-8:55 getting in and out of bed.  No threats were working so I finally said “will you go right to bed if I let you sleep in my bed?” Without hesitating she said “yes” so I let her go up to my bed so I could not be bothered and just watch me show with Dean.  Clearly not the best parenting techniques but in the fall I am with the kids 7 days a week with very little relief.  Watching a show in peace at night is my way to relax before cleaning the house and getting stuff ready for the next day.  I don’t like wine or beer, so tv is my go to for relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment