About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Joel and Cecilia Do Homework



Joel and Cecilia doing homework together.

Joel gets a worksheet sent home every week to practice his letters and writing.  Last year it was like pulling teeth to get him to do the worksheets.  This year I decided to make it a priority and pretend like he has no choice.  He then brings the sheet back to school, gets a sticker and brings the paper back home and we hang it up with a magnet each week.  Doing homework with a child one on one is very difficult around here.  So we wait until Vincent is at school and Dean is sleeping.  Then I make a copy of the worksheet so that Cecilia can do her “homework” as well.  Then Joel and Cecilia sit at the counter and we do homework together.  Joel does a great job until we have to put an X on pictures that don’t start with the letter we are practicing.  He would rather just color all the pictures.  Cecilia does really well at circling, underlining and tracing lines.  She then puts her paper in her backpack and shows it to Daddy later.

No comments:

Post a Comment