About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Oct 8 2014




Our morning was border line crazy and I am not sure how I would have survived without my MIL.  I got a phone call from Vincent’s doctor asking when our appointment with the neurologist was for Vincent’s headaches.  I told her it was in a couple weeks and she said she was going to try to get us in earlier.  A few minutes later the nurse had me on a 3 way call with the receptionist for the neurologist.  It was 9:25am and they had an opening at 10:30 and 11:15.  The doctor’s office is 6 minutes from our house, but Vincent’s school is on the other side of town and it is a 20 min drive to the school and 20 minutes to the doctor’s office…longer if you get stuck in all the construction traffic.  Joel had to be at speech at 11:15am and then he needed a ride to school. I told them I could make either time work.  They said they would talk to the doctor and call me back.  I talked to Diane and she said she could take Joel to speech and then to school if needed.  At 10:30 I had not heard back from anyone so I called the neurologist’s office and there was no answer.  Then I called the pediatrician’s office and waited on hold for 15 minutes for the nurse who told me she would take care of it.  She called the neurologists office and told me they would be calling me in 5 minutes.  They could see Vincent as soon as I could get there.  I quickly loaded up Dean, called Diane, moved a carseat around and sent Joel off with Diane and some lunch to eat in the car after speech

As I was on hold with Vincent’s doctor’s office, Joel’s doctor’s office called me with some information and scheduling things for his upcoming tonsillectomy.  I also was cooking a pizza for Joel’s lunch while I was on the phone.  Luckily my grandma was visiting and was able to entertain Joel, Cecilia and Dean while I was on the phone and getting things arranged.

After driving to the north side of town to get Vincent we drove to the south side of town to the doctor.  Then back to the north side of town to return him to school.  Then back to the south side to our house.  Then back to the north side for a doctor appointment for me. Then back home.

When we were at the doctor he asked if Vincent had any birthmarks and I said none that I could think of and Vincent piped up and said “Yes I do.  I have the one Daddy gave me.”  I must have given him a confused look because he said “Ya know when he burned me!”  I had to explain to the doctor that 2 years ago Vincent kneeled on a hot marshmallow roasting stick that Brad had used when we were camping.  The doctor gave me a funny look and went on with his exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment