About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Joel's School Friends



Joel school year is off to a great and different start than last year.  He has the same teacher as last year, he knows what to expect and he gets to go in the afternoon (which is when he shines!), and he is actually telling us a little bit about his school day.  I do have to ask specific questions and the weekly plan his teacher sends home is super helpful for knowing what they are doing and what to ask about.  Sometimes I get his canned “I learned Jolly Phonics” answer and other days I get more information.  He can even tell me who is on his bus or at least who he thinks is on his bus.  Other than the bus drivers I really don’t know who actually rides his bus.

One of the people from school he readily talks about is Lily.  I am pretty sure he is in “love” with her.  I was told by his teacher that he kissed Lily and gave her a hug.  We have been struggling with hugging random kids and people we see, so I wasn’t completely surprised that he hugged her.  The kiss part surprised me.  His teacher told me that they talked about how we don’t kiss our friends at school.  We kiss family.  Joel accepted the rules.  I have been told he walks by Lily and puts his arm on her back and hurries her along….which is hilarious because Joel is usually so slow to walk anywhere, running is another story.  I have also been told he “guards” her on the playground and pretends he is a dragon and she is a princess and he keeps other kids from her.  I don’t know if Lily knows about the game Joel is playing, but I am happy he has a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment