About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

October 26th



Brad got home late on Saturday.  Bob and some other of our employees stayed south to finish beans and a small corn field on Sunday.  Brad and Craig were home to start working on beans around here.  I was not thrilled about the whole thing.  I had talked to Brad several times and every time I asked him if he was working Sunday he didn’t really answer.  Finally at 10pm when I talked to him I asked again and he said yes.  I was not happy.  My favorite thing to do on my birthday is ride my horse…that didn’t happen.  Brad and I had plans to go riding the weekend after my birthday at one of my favorite places the weekend after my birthday and due to weather and farming it didn’t happen.  Then there was this weekend.  I just wanted to have fun, enjoy my horse and let my mind wander.  I was fuming all night long on Saturday and when Brad got home late that night I barely said anything to him.  He asked what was wrong and I told him to not worry about it and I didn’t want to talk about it.  Because lets be honest a 33 year old pouting about a change in plans and not being able to ride her horse (get away and have fun) sounded stupid and absurd!  My plan was to just be mad, go to bed and wake up, take a shower and get a new attitude.  But Brad kept asking and I finally told him, and I told him I knew was stupid to be upset about but I couldn’t help it.

Fast forward to Sunday…I decided I would ride by myself and Brad could stay with the kids.  Well, our trailer was stuck and needed to be moved by the fork lift before we could hook up to it.  So Brad had to go to the farm, get the forklift, and move the trailer before I could go riding.  In the process he must have talked to his mom because they volunteered to watch the kids and take them to church.  That was so nice and asking way too much of them, so we took Cecilia with us.  Cecilia was thrilled!  As Brad was loading the horses one of them spooked and Brad was slammed into the trailer wall by my horse.  He was not seriously hurt, but I was worried because he was limping.  We went on with the plan and we went riding at a spot only 10 minutes away.  When Brad’s horse jumped out of the trailer the saddle hit the door and ripped the bottom of the fender and the stirrup fell to the ground…the left stirrup!  It was starting to seem like riding was a terrible idea!  Luckily the rest of the ride was uneventful and a lot of fun!  We made it home a little bit after lunch and Brad and Craig headed out to the field to do some combining.

After getting a few things done around the house the kids and I went to join Brad and Grandpa in the field.  Vincent was happy to jump in the combine with Grandpa.  Joel and Cecilia went with Brad while I sat in the car and fed Dean.  We then joined Brad and the twins in the grain cart, it was a lot of fun.  Cecilia and Joel both wanted to ride in the combine, but we figured the two of them together was a bit much to handle for grandpa while he was trying to operate the combine.  Cecilia went first and then we ran out of time for Joel to have a turn.  Cecilia tells me she talked to grandpa a lot and told him he had daisies in his ears.  It is a line from a movie they have been watching.  I am glad they all enjoy riding in equipment and “helping” with harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment