About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Friends, Traditions and a new fan!



I woke up to a nice surprise.  My friend from vet school called me first thing in the morning, I was still in bed, to see if she could stop by on her way home from the conference.  I had not seen her on Saturday because she didn’t come up until Saturday night after I had left.  We visited for a bit until I had to get ready to leave for church. 

Sunday was also the first day of our new family tradition.  I had the idea last week that on Sunday mornings a different parent/child combo should go to breakfast all by themselves.  It was supposed to start with Vincent and I, but since Joel was getting his tonsils out in a few days we let Joel and Brad go first.  The weekends it is supposed to be Dean’s turn we will all stay home and eat together.  Once he is big enough to take to breakfast we will stay home together every 5th weekend.  That is our plan for now, like all plans they will change over time.  By all reports Joel and Brad had a good time at breakfast together.

After church and church meetings were over we came home and Brad did a few projects around the house.  I feel bad because he works hard all week, but Sunday is the only time I can get him to do a few projects that I either can’t do or can’t do alone.  This week the big projects were replacing the fan in the boys’ room.  Their fan/light combo wasn’t working, not since we moved in, unless the fan is on high the light flashes.  It is so annoying and hurts my eyes and makes me want to run out of the room screaming!!!  Brad has tried replacing the switches and checking wires, etc and I have been begging to just try a new fan.  We had a ceiling fan from our old house that we forgot about (probably because it was still at Craig and Diane’s) and Brad installed in Sunday and it works!  No flashing lights!!!  Brad also had to winterize the RV because temperatures were suddenly going to drop into the 30’s sooner than we expected!  It was a busy Sunday, but we were all at home for most of it which made it very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment