About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Last Soccer Practice




Today was Vincent’s last soccer practice.  I was a little happy and a little sad.  We made it through a whole sports season, with Brad farming half of it and with a newborn and only missed 1 practice (the day Dean was born!).  Vincent’s skills improved dramatically throughout the season, I am still not sure it is “his” sport, but he had fun and that is really all that matters.  It definitely wasn’t a winning season, but he didn’t seem to care too much.

Cecilia was hanging out with Grandma in the barn instead of going to soccer practice.  It was cold out so my plan was to sit in the car and watch practice.  Joel could watch a movie and Dean would most likely sleep.  I was so certain this was the plan that I didn’t brink extra blankets or even a coat for Joel.  Vincent ran up to the car during practice and told me to hurry up because the parents were playing too.  I tried to politely decline his invitation, but he was so excited and so dang cute I couldn’t even say no.  Instead I got the stroller, baby and Joel out of the car and hoped for the best.  Joel didn’t want to play, so he played on my phone on the side lines.  Dean was screaming so I held him and played soccer.  I think it was to my advantage because the other parents wouldn’t try to steal the ball from me while I was holding Dean.  Vincent had a blast having me on the field with him and it was a lot of fun.  It would have been more fun if I had Dean’s carrier or blankets for Joel, but everyone survived and seemed to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment