About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Heap's Pumpkin Farm




Brad, the boys and I all headed to church in the morning.  After church a lot of people were heading to Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm.  I was excited that Brad was able to be home from Farmer City to join us!  It made it more fun and a lot easier on me.  I am sure we would have managed if he wasn’t there but certain things like getting a really heavy pumpkin and doing the corn maze probably wouldn’t have happened. 

Joel was having so much fun with his friend Brooklyn.  She would keep him on track and he didn’t want to leave her side.  We had to go anywhere she went and he even waited for her outside the port-a-potty!  At one point Brooklyn’s Uncle tried to scare her and Joel got all mad and said “hey, that’s my friend!” 

We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins.  Joel knew he wanted a small orange one and finally found the perfect one.  Except it was rotten and he wouldn’t dream of finding another one, so Brad had to switch it out for another one on the way to the car.  Vincent wanted a huge pumpkin.  We told him he had to be able to carry it.  He could pick it up, but not carry it, but we let him get it anyway.  We picked a small one for Cecilia and Dean, a medium one for me and a warty one for Brad. 

After we got home from the pumpkin patch we decided to just carve pumpkins without Cecilia.  Brad was around to help and I didn’t feel like carving 6 pumpkins myself.  I use a knife and it takes forever.  Brad uses power tools and it goes a lot faster.  We were smart this year and set up a table in the garage to carve the pumpkins.  The boys had fun designing their pumpkins faces!  I even made pumpkin seeds this year without burning them.  Cecilia spilled half of them on the ground after I cooked them, but it was a big improvement from last year when they all burned.

That evening Brad met my mom to pick up Cecilia.  It was after 8pm when they got home.  Cecilia was at my mom’s until Sunday afternoon.  Then they headed to Alyse and Brandon’s for the rest of the evening.  Cecilia came home and told us so many details from her weekend.  Brad calls her “Details” now.  We heard what everyone had for dinner at Alyse’s.  A few things we learned: Brandon cooked the meat outside and drank Beer; Alyse cooked the rice and veggies and drank water; the meat was brown; that Cecilia licked Ari; that Cecilia pretended to kick Ari in the face; Cecilia slept in Aunt Kasi’s bed; Cecilia teased Papa Razzi; they went to church, Cecilia went downstairs at church and watched Veggietales; and so much more!  Brad and I were laughing so hard because her brain and mouth could not keep up and she was stuttering and talking so fast.  We have never gotten that many details from the Joel and Vincent!!!  She had so much fun!!!  I was glad to hear that because she was so nervous to go somewhere and sleep somewhere without her brothers.    It was very cute to see how excited she was to see Dean!  The older boys were already in bed and she didn’t really get to see them when she got home, well we let her say hi quickly and that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment