About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spelling and Powdered Sugar



This morning was entertaining!  I woke Vincent up early to work on homework, apparently not early enough because we didn’t get it all done.  Then right after he got on the bus Joel came running down the hall stark naked with a smile on his face.  I asked him if he lost his clothes while he was sleeping and he laughed as he ran past me saying “ I want to get dressed”.  He had picked out his clothes the night before (he enjoys doing this lately) and he was on his way to the dining room where we keep the clothes baskets.  He also told me while he was running past “You need to clean my bed!”  The truth comes out…the pull-up leaked!

At this point I was still feeling good about the day.  All we had was OT then Cecilia, Dean and I could be home all day.  I big change from most other days this week!  We took the recycling to the farm, made banana bread, moved the pumpkins to the front porch, baked donuts, started washing all the kids bedding, and had things under control.  Aunt Linda came over to visit and it was fun seeing her.  The kids enjoyed her company and so did I.  Then 6pm happened, no nap Cecilia started misbehaving, Joel started getting into things more (he already made a mess with powdered sugar in the kitchen) and Vincent was crying because he didn’t want to do homework (he wanted to watch a movie with Joel).  Suddenly it was dinner time, bedtime, and homework time all at the same time.  Beds weren’t made because most of it was still in the process of getting washed and dried!  Oh and Dean wanted me and did not want to be anywhere but near me.  Amidst some yelling (mostly me) we managed to get everyone where they needed to be with blankets and necessary sleeping items.  Then Vincent and I stayed up to finish homework and practice for his first spelling test! He did really well practicing and I am so proud of him!!!

Not long after everyone was in bed Joel vomited.  It turns out eating that much powdered sugar really will make you sick.  I am betting he doesn’t eat powdered sugar for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment