About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Thanksgiving Morning


As usual we spent our Thanksgiving morning making pies.  I make 2 pumpkin pie, a cherry pie and 2 apple pies.  Not that we need that many pies!  Two of my dad’s cousins and my uncle usually end up with pies to take home.  Eddy takes the cherry, actually he usually hides it as soon as I get there.  Jimmy takes an apple pie and my Uncle Joe usually ends up with some of one of the pumpkin pies.  Brad is a lot of help when it comes to making pies.  He helps entertain the children and he peels, and cuts all the apples with a little tool that we have.  It goes really fast and he does a great job.  He let Vincent help him a little bit this year!


Cecilia found a golf ball!

Joel looking for golf balls


While the last pie was cooking I suggested we all go for a walk in the woods and go golf ball hunting.  It was pretty cold out so we all put on snowsuits to keep warm.  The kids can barely walk in snowsuits, but at least they weren’t complaining about being cold.  The horses were very excited to see us all outside and in the pasture with them.  They were a little too excited and wouldn’t leave us alone.  They just kept following us everywhere, which normally isn’t a problem, but when you are kneeling on the ground trying to dig golf balls out of the frozen ground it isn’t fun having them hover over you. 


Sorry Ray, but we don't need your help.

Using sticks to dig out golf balls


Golf ball hunting was hilarious.  We found 30 golf balls which is a new record in one trip!  Some of those were hard won because they had been stepped on by the horses while the ground was muddy and that day everything was frozen!  We had no tools with us and kept using little sticks to dig the golf balls out.  Brad and I were being very dramatic about it and narrating what we were doing and acting like it was a matter of life or death.  The kids thought it was hilarious and joined right in.  At one point we found a pink golf ball that was stuck in the ground and Cecilia just had to have the pink golf ball!  While we were trying to get the pink golf ball out of the ground I pocket dialed my dad.  I had no idea but he later told us that he listened to us for a couple minutes as were trying to get the pink ball out of the mud.  Just after we got the golf ball out my timer went off for the pie.  I took off running up the hill and back to the house to get the pie out.  Golf balls were falling out of my pockets and Vincent was running behind me picking them up!  It was a great walk and hopefully a new tradition.


The elusive pink golf ball.


Joel came to help supervise!

No comments:

Post a Comment