About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A great community!



The farming community is a close community.  It seems like every year you hear of farmers getting together to harvest a crop of a fellow farmer who is sick, injured or who has passed away.  This summer we had bad news come from two different people we deal with when it comes to our Hagie sprayers.  


Our Hagie salesman's wife was diagnosed and passed away from cancer within a very short time period this summer.  After she was diagnosed with cancer they needed some updates on their home to make things easier for her and to take care of some repairs that needed to be done so they didn’t have to worry about their house during all of this.


One of their neighbors and clients headed up the work weekend and word was put out to friends and farmers in the area as well as a lot of Gary’s clients.  Over the course of the weekend they installed a wheelchair ramp, a new wider door, an addition for a downstairs bathroom, and roofed the house.  Brad said there were over 20 people there the day he was there and that several of the wives provided lunch for everyone.  It is always great to hear of people coming together to help out, but unfortunately there is usually a sad circumstance tied to it.


The other sad news was that one of our mechanics that works on sprayers all over northern Illinois had a larger sprayer tire fall on him and crush him.  He was under it for many hours before help arrived.  The good news is that he survived the bad news is among other injuries that had to amputate part of his arm.  An entire town and many clients across Illinois came together for a benefit held in his honor in September.  It was held in a small town and I am not exaggerating when I say there was no room left to park in the town unless you knew someone that lived there.  Every street had cars parked on both sides of it!  I couldn't believe how many people were there and how many people I knew there!


The farming community is wonderful and we are blessed to be a part of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment