About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A sleepover with Grandma Dawn, Papa Razzi and crew



In mid-November after several nights of not sleeping in my own bed and having a lot of things to get caught up on I asked my mom to take the kids for the weekend.  The weekend before Thanksgiving I packed them up and drove them to my mom’s house.  They spent the weekend with Grandma Dawn, Papa Razzi, Aunt Kennidy, and Aunt Kasi.  Through the course of the weekend they got to hang out with Brandon and Zack and Alyse and Brandon.  They had a blast, slept thru the night with no problems and were angels.  At least that is the story I was told and choose to believe!

What did Brad and I do with a kid free weekend?  Nothing too exciting!  I spent most of the weekend up in our room with the computer catching up on posting blogs and editing a book.  Brad worked on projects in the garage and did a little bit of work on farm stuff.  We hardly saw each other all day but we were both so happy to relax and have time to get projects done without our little helpers.  Around 7 pm I wandered downstairs to find Brad.  I asked him if he wanted to go out to dinner.  He didn’t seem super excited about it and I was only suggesting it because I felt bad for not seeing him all day.  It turned out that neither one of us really wanted to stop working on our projects, but we also didn’t want to cook dinner.  We ended up getting carry out and eating at home.  On our way home I jokingly asked if we were going to eat together or return to our projects and work while we ate!  We ate together and joked about how boring we were and then returned to our respective projects until almost midnight.

The best part of not having kids around was we got to sleep in, wake up an hour before church and still get to church on time!  As much fun as we had without the kids we were happy to see them when they returned home Sunday night.  The kids had a blast with their grandparents and seemed to be pretty happy when they got home.  As soon as mom and Dave left something happened and the kids became these crazy, excited, bouncing off the wall kids.  Brad and I joke that Mom and Dave must have pressed some button that turned them into little crazy people.  At one point I whispered to Brad “who are these kids and what happened to our children?”  He responded with asking the kids how they felt about boarding school!  By the next morning our “normal” children were back!

No comments:

Post a Comment