About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Maggie's Birthday Party

The kids are always thrilled to go to a party, especially if they get to see their cousins.  They were thrilled when they found out we were going to Maggie’s birthday.  Not only did it mean we got to do something fun and see their cousins, but it also meant cake and other fun food!  I wasn’t happy because Brad was busy doing something for the farm (I think spreading hog manure) and couldn’t join us.  It can be a lot to wrangle 3 kids at a party, mostly just when it is time to eat or leave and no one is happy about it.  We all ended up having fun.

 Joel ran into the party with Uncle John and was talking a lot to Uncle John.  He was all ready to play with the kids then he followed Vincent to play with the kids in the living room.  He then realized there was more kids than he thought and some he didn’t know.  He dove under a chair and covered his eyes.  The poor kid was a little overwhelmed!  I found him a few minutes later and brought him to a quieter area and after 5 minutes he was ready to go play again.  Vincent and Cecilia never missed a beat.  Vincent loved playing with all the other kids and Cecilia was pretty excited about the dollhouse she found.  The biggest highlight for me was that Maggie really liked the present we got her (a fancy barrette) and instantly put it in her hair!

Per the usual when it was time to go I think I succeeded in making all three of the kids cry.  They really don’t like leaving their cousins,aunts,uncles,grandparents or parties in general.  Apparently I was too busy all night to take any pictures...I need to work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment