About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Getting Our Christmas Tree


The Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to get our Christmas tree.  It wasn’t too cold and the kids had a lot of fun running around and looking at all the different trees.  Brad wanted one that was at least 12 feet tall.  We have a very high ceiling in our new living room and he was so excited to have a tall tree.  I felt like 12 feet was a bit over board, but it looked really nice.

Everyone was helping Daddy

It is always easier to cut down a tree with a 3 yr old sitting on your legs.

Cecilia, Vincent and Joel


When we got home Joel couldn’t wait to set up the tree and for Christmas in general.  It turns out that this year he loves Christmas.  We set up our little pencil tree in the basement and he was in Heaven!  Normally he doesn’t like when it is dark in the basement, but when the tree was down there he insisted that all the lights were off so he could see the lights on the Christmas tree.  He danced around the basement singing “Its Christmas night.  Its Christmas night!” Cecilia was quick to chime in and Vincent was confused by the fact that they were making up a song.  The excitement was contagious!


Our first year to ever have a wreath.

Large tree, a lot of lights and not a great ladder, and a husband who thinks the tree should have been taller.

All the lights up and the star!


It took a day or two before Brad got the lights up and I (with a little help from the kids) was able to get all the ornaments on.  It involved a very wobbly ladder and wishing I was taller than what I really am.  This was the first year we haven’t had to have baby gates around the tree.  We did lose a few ornaments, but it had nothing to do with the kids.  Most of the ornaments toward the bottom were rearranged by the kids (mostly Joel and Cecilia) more than once!

Vincent woke up early to hang ornaments on the tree.


Joel decided to join in the fun too!  He LOVED Christmas this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment