About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Counting and Wrestling



Brad is using wrestling to teach counting.  It is an innovative technique and it is working!  When Vincent gets pinned he has to count to 15 in Spanish.  He is learning Spanish in school.   He used to only have to count to 10 but once he mastered that Brad increased the requirements! 

Joel did have to count to 10 in English, but then Brad found out he knew how to count higher.  His new counting number is 20!  Sometimes if you say Joel count 1 to 10 he says “1, 2, 10!”  Counting to 20 usually goes great until 15 and then he says 16, 18, 20.  It has improved greatly since the fall when Brad started this.  Vincent is also teaching Joel to count in Spanish.  The other day Joel counted stairs as he was coming up from the basement and counted from 1-5 in English and 6-10 in Spanish!


Cecilia has to count to 5 when she gets pinned, but as winter progressed she has started counting to 11.  She will throw around a lot of Spanish numbers if her brothers are counting in Spanish.  She has also been known to throw out random numbers when she gets over 6.  It is very cute, and she clearly knows what numbers are!  Joel will pin Cecilia and tell her to count in Spanish and she usually says "1, 2, 3, Spanish".

The kids all love wrestling, it is hard to say which one likes it the most.   I think Cecilia is the one who asks to wrestle the most.  I am glad Brad has been able to mix a little education into the kids’ favorite nightly activity.  I am too busy trying not to get injured during wrestling that it didn’t occur to me to make it educational.

Vincent jumping on me from the table and Joel trying to give me a wedgie.



No comments:

Post a Comment