About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Trees, Cousins and Horses

Saturday August 17th we had two different excavators working around our house and it was making me a little nervous.  There were trees that needed to be removed so we could put up a fence, there were trees that were dead or dying that needed to be removed and there were two people driving excavators that were willing to take out any/every tree remotely dead or in the way.  I am glad they were willing to removed trees but they made me a little nervous that I would end up with no trees standing.  I ended up with 4 large piles of trees in random areas of the property.


Joel and Cecilia ready to go check on the guys


Even Bob's Scout was brought in to help


Grandpa hard and work trying to squeeze thru the trees


One of the piles of trees


Uncle Bob taking orders from Keith


For the most part they tried to only take out trees that really needed to go, but even then it was a few too many for me.  However I wanted a fence so I guess I needed to compromise.  There was 1 tree I was not willing to compromise on, it was a mulberry tree, and it was not in the way but had a dead tree near it.  Luckily Diane was around to slow Bob down and keep him out of the general vicinity of the mulberry tree.  I was threatening to not buy Christmas presents for anyone that knocked down the mulberry tree.  I love mulberries!


Keith helping with clean up


Joel waiting for a driver


Cecilia thought she could drive him, but she couldn't reach the pedal
Later that afternoon as the guys were working on different tree removal projects in the yard I brought the Joel and Cecilia over to Diane’s to go on a trail ride in the pasture with Millie, Maggie, Ellie, Keith, and Diane.  It was fun to see them all ride around with such confidence.  I haven’t seen most of them ride recently and they all had points in their riding career that involved being scared and crying, so seeing how far they have come in their riding was really fun for me.  I am very proud of all of them!  While we were riding Joel fell asleep and swaying side to side.  Luckily we rode right by Brad at the same time Joel fell asleep and he was able to take him from us.



Getting ready for trail riding.  Cecilia loving on Cupcake


Cupcake loves the stroller


More tree removal

Finn and Cecilia


Joel on Alasan


That evening they all came over to our house for dinner.  It was fun to have a full dining room table and Joel had fun playing with/around his cousins in the basement.  At one point while we were all sitting around the table I told him he would have to go to bed soon and he responded with a very loud and clear “NEVER!”  I was astounded, really?!  Silly kid.  It always takes me by surprise when he talks when a lot of people are around.


Keith


Grandma, Joel and Ellie


Maggie, Ellie and Keith


Joel made a giant train.  He loved the train!

No comments:

Post a Comment