About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Golfing


On Friday August 16th I went golfing!  I don’t golf.  I can’t remember the last time I golfed on a golf course and the last time I went to the driving range was once 3 years ago, before that it was in high school with my dad.  I used to go to the driving range with my dad growing up and enjoyed it.  He taught me all the basics and I am glad for that.  I also have spent hours sitting and watching my dad swing a gold club and tell him how his swing looked.

The Kendall County Young Leaders have been hosting an annual golf outing for the last 8 years or so.  It benefits Kendall County Ag in the Classroom, which is a great cause!  We have supported it for a few years and every year we get to have a team of 4 attend the golf outing and dinner and auction afterwards.  In the past years Brad has golfed with friends or cousins.  This year since I wasn’t working Brad thought it would be fun if we invited friends of ours, Ben and Kristin, to join us.  I was quick to email Kristin and tell her I was not a golfer.  I didn’t want anyone having any unrealistic expectations.  I was thrilled when she said she wasn’t either!  The last time that Brad and Ben golfed was 3 years ago, and they were better than us but not by that much.  Ben was by far the best out of all of us!

We went through a lot of golf balls!  There are a lot of waterways and I have at least 8 balls in the water or tall weeds around the water.  I probably would have been more concerned, but since we were golfing with all the golf balls we found in our field I didn’t care as much.  Between Brad and I we probably lost 20 balls.  It is really just embarrassing, I don’t even know why I am writing about it!

The golf outing was a lot of fun, which I wasn’t expecting!  There were a lot of people there that I knew and it is always fun to catch up with friends and family.  Plus Kristin and I had fun chatting as we drove around the golf course chasing our golf balls all over the place.  The way the golfing worked is that you played the best ball which means it really didn’t matter how bad any of us were individually as long as one person had a good swing each time.  And at some point through the 18 holes each of us had the best ball at least a few times.

It was a great time and I will definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment