Saturday before Jill and Joe’s wedding I spent doing last minute wedding prep and packing for the wedding. By late afternoon we all loaded up in the car and headed for the hotel. That wasn’t the original plan, but it worked out for the best. Originally I wanted Brad to stay home with Joel and Cecilia so they could get a good nights sleep and head to the wedding on Sunday. Then I mentioned on Friday that the hotel had a pool and a lot of my family would be there Saturday and Brad really wanted all of us to drive in together and stay at the hotel on Saturday night.
| Vincent, Joel and Brad taking over the bed! |
Our children don’t always sleep very well the first night away, so I made Brad promise that if the kids were awake he would deal with them. He agreed and held up his end of the deal. He was a baby whisperer with Cecilia and manage to keep her on an air mattress all night, and he got up to get Joel when he woke up crying. We didn’t end up getting a great nights sleep but it could have been a lot worse! At one point Brad and I were pushed to the outer edges of the bed with Joel and Vincent sleeping horizontally in between us with Vincent’s feet draped over Joel’s neck.
Saturday evening we spent swimming with cousins, visiting
with Aunts, Uncles, grandparents, sisters, parents, etc. It was fun, relaxing and like a mini
vacation. Joel and Cecilia loved
swimming and Vincent loved playing with his cousins Nolan and Elliot. Vincent also loved the hot tub, but was not a
fan of the pool. Joel and Cecilia would
both jumped into the pool from the ladder steps and thought they were so funny. It was so much fun to see the smile on their
faces and the excitement in their eyes when they were swimming. I knew they liked swimming but I forgot how
much they liked it. We might need to
find a pool to go swimming in this winter.
Their happiness in the pool was totally worth the not so great night of
sleep I got.

No comments:
Post a Comment