About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Joel's First Day of School


On August 19th Joel had his first day of school.  It was hard to send him because I kept Vincent home until he was 4 years old.  Joel needs school and the therapies that come along with it, but it still made me sad that he will be going to school for 2.5 hours every day!  Ugh, I have a love hate relationship with that whole idea, but it will be good for him.  I am not a huge fan of the kids being in school and our lives going back to more of a strict schedule.  The morning rush combined with children that are easily distracted usually results in more yelling than I like.  But honestly how many times can you ask a kid to brush their teeth or put their shoes on before you lose it?  About 4 times per kid is my breaking point.




He was very excited!

Anyway, Joel will be riding the bus this year, but I wanted to drive him his first day.  The other kids slept in that morning so it was just Joel and I getting ready for school.  We did a few pictures of him in front of the house before we left.  It was his idea to get a picture with the dogs.  He didn’t seem super excited, but he saw his teacher and walked right inside without looking back for me.  The note they send home said he did a good job! 

Joel and Bristol

My only fear is that by the end of the week he will be done with the whole school idea and just not want to go.  By Friday it took a lot more convincing to get him on the bus.  The first week he kept talking about his teacher Ms. Patty, but 90% of the time during the first week of school it was in a grumbling voice so I couldn't tell if he liked her or not.  We are several weeks into school now and he really likes it!  He still complains and says "I want my Mommy" everyday he gets on the bus.  However, they tell me by the time they get out of our driveway he is happy and is happy all day at school!


Maisy was yawning not trying to look mean.

Then she was licking.  She was having a bad picture day!


Finally a good one!  Although Bristol looks annoyed.

I got a little teary eyed after I dropped him off, no official crying, just tears.  He is my baby!  I know he isn’t my youngest, but he is my baby, my cuddle bug, the one that I feel needs me the most.   He is growing up and I am excited to see what this year brings for him!



My big kid walking into school!



No comments:

Post a Comment