About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Family Pictures 2013


I hate to state the obvious but I LOVE pictures!  So once a year we have pictures of each of the kids, a family photo and a group photo with just the children.  The dogs usually get thrown into the mix at some point too.  They usually turn out really great and we are completely amazed because at least one child has had a melt down at some point during the pictures and more than one child refused to sit still or look at the camera.  It is work and my friends that have taken our pictures over the last few years have done an amazing jobs.  This year Jill Ofstie took our pictures.  She makes us look very put together and like we have everything under control, which of course if the appearance we all would like.  However if you see the outtakes you would see it wasn’t easy to look good for a millisecond for the camera.


Cecilia


Family Photo...I love family pictures

My sweet Vincent


Joel looking like he is planning something


Another pose...Only 1 dog and 1 kid not looking is considered a win!


Joel was all smiles and mostly looking at the camera!



Cecilia and Vincent being silly


This year I was a little smarter about pictures.  I started with bribing Joel before we left.  We had the pictures done at a local park where I grew up.  The kids had never been there and didn’t know what to expect, so we had the element of surprise on my side.  Then while Vincent was off getting his picture taken Brad and I slowly got Cecilia and Joel out of the car so there was very little waiting time.  In years past we had a set amount of time before the kids were just over taking pictures.  As they get older it gets a little longer.  Then we focused on quickly getting a few individual photos and if we had time to do more poses after the group photos then it would be a bonus.  After individual photos we moved right on to a family portrait, because given the option between a picture of the whole family and a picture of only the kids I would choose the whole family.  


A strange look


Another try...only Bristol isn't looking!


Joel laughing about something


So pretty



He loves having his picture taken


Handsome Joel


Our little Ragamuffin



Look no one even tried to jump in the water


Another good picture



My boys


All day before we left to have pictures taken Joel was asking for ice cream, so I kept telling him that after pictures he could have ice cream.  Then he would tell me he wanted red ice cream.  I wasn’t sure how I was going to make that work, but I agreed.  The whole time we were taking pictures he kept saying “I want red ice cream.”  At first he was asking nicely, then we would tell him first we needed more pictures, and after a while he was just saying it in a mad voice and couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t getting ice cream right then!



Mommy and Cecilia

Aren't they cute!



Our 5 kids


Silly kid



Boys


As we were walking to the car Cecilia climbed on a rock and Jill started taking pictures of her.  Vincent told me he had to go to the bathroom and I told him to wait one second.  Then Brad told him and Joel to climb on a rock.  Vincent took it to mean climb on the rock and then pee.  The elderly couple sitting in their car near the rock got a good laugh out of it all!


Flying Cecilia



Another pose


Mommy and Cecilia



Vincent going for a swim


I love this picture!!!


After pictures we headed to DQ for red ice cream and dinner.  We got Joel a strawberry blizzard with cherry slushy flavoring added to make it red.  He took two bites and demanded green ice cream.  We were able to get him to eat a cheeseburger.  After dinner he was very happy with a cone with sprinkles and the rest of us enjoyed the very red blizzard.




He has so many random facial expressions



Joel!


Daddy and his boys...they were trying to melt down at this point



Looking for boats...Bristol isn't sure why she has to sit there



The fun unexpected part of the night was that my sister Kennidy was able to join us!  We thought she had plans, but she made enough time to see us.  The kids adore her and so do we.  Then we ended up back at my parent’s house and they were home too (they weren’t supposed to be), so we had a couple hours of getting to see them as well!  As a bonus we got to see Brandon for a little bit too!


Aunt Kennidy and her niblings



Messy face


Ice cream man



All the professional pictures were taken by Jill Ofstie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment