About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Vincent's Expert Talk


In Vincent’s Kindergarten class they finished the school year by having expert projects.  They had to pick a topic, fill out a contract saying how they were going to learn more about the topic and how they were going to do their presentation.  After much debate Vincent decided he wanted to be an expert of the Water Cycle.  I think Brad was hoping for something that was a little more farming related, but Vincent already had his mind made up.

After spending time finding websites for kids on the water cycle and reading them to Vincent and watching science videos on youtube about the water cycle we came up with a plan for his presentation.  He wanted to do a poster board, but not any poster board.  He wanted to have one that was trifold and stood up by itself.  When Brad and Vincent went to the store to buy it they came home with a poster that was as tall as Vincent.

We made a plan on paper for what Vincent was going to talk about and what kind of pictures he wanted to use.  So back to the internet and clip art we went to find the pictures he wanted to use.  He even typed up some of the words and phrases he needed for the poster.  Somehow on my laptop he kept accidentally deleting entire sentences, so I finally took over and typed what he told me to.  After cutting everything out, he glued it all down and had his poster ready to go.  We had him practice several times.  He did a great job and I think Joel, Cecilia and I had to listen to it a few times.  Not only that but he made us pretend to be his classmates and ask questions as well.  It was really cute.

By all reports he did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment