About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Feed My Starving Children



Our church had plans for months to go to Feed My Starving Children in April.  It ended up being a couple days after Patrick’s funeral.  It was decided that Patrick would still want us to attend, so we continued on with our plans to go.  I had my dad and Azra lined up to babysit the two younger kids so that Brad, Vincent and I could all attend and package food for FMSC.  We had also invited one of Vincent’s friends from school and his family to join us.

But our little baby had some plans for that day too.  I spent the night before and the morning of the FMSC packing trip in a lot of pain.  Enough so that the doctor thought I should come to the hospital and get checked out.  It wasn’t ideal timing because Brad was left with the kids, no one was really around to help him, and we had places to be that night.  So I drove myself to the hospital.  It turned out that everything was fine and it was some sort of ligament pain.  I am not sure how Brad managed because he was in the middle of fixing the horse fence, but I heard Uncle Bob may have helped with the kids and my Dad and Azra arrived a little early, so it all worked out.

Packing at FMSC was a lot of fun and we kicked butt packing meals.  Patrick would have been proud! It was amazing.  Afterwards Brad, Vincent and I joined a few people for dinner.  Vincent was so well behaved and did a great job hanging out with the adults afterwards.  It was an enjoyable night!

No comments:

Post a Comment